Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Potty

Thought I would write a little about this topic as Jake and Luke made some strides this week.  I have had no intention of potty training them until closer to 3.  Just the thought seems overwhelming to me.  But we talk about the potty and are trying to introduce them to it.  They've been following us into the bathroom since they could walk so they do have some idea.  Luke loves to flush the toilet for us-you would think one could at least be alone in the bathroom but no.  I have a few little potties around the house and I try to show them and talk to them about them when we're in the bathroom.  This week Jake sat on the potty by himself and went and them Luke sat down all by himself yesterday.  They're doing this all on their own so maybe pottty training will be easier than I thought.   It's amazing how excited you get over all the new things they do.  I was so proud of them!   
   Just wanted to write another little note about my boys.  I love them so much.  They make my life happy and meaningful.  They also drive me crazy, too but they mature a little more each day and things seem to be getting a little easier.  Jake gives me spontaneous little kisses, they are so sweet.  I love Luke's sly little look when I stare at him in a funny way until he can't help but smile.   I love the feel of their little hands in mine.  I love holding them.  They are getting so big-I can't believe my babies are these big boys.  They have learned a song in nursery that they love-The wise man and the foolish man and they frequently make the motions so I'll sing it.  Jeff shows them songs and videos on the computer which they absolutely love.  He shows them little kids ones but also shows them songs he likes.   It's hilarious watching these little boys listen to songs of the 80's and rock music-they love it all.  Two of their favorite songs that they always want him to play are the theme from "Never Ending Story"  and "Tarzan Boy". Their speech is developing and though they don't talk a ton yet, they seem to understand everything I say to them which is amazing to me.  I am so blessed to be their mom.  It is such a difficult job yet it brings a joy beyond compare.  I love you Luke and Jake!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE you Rachel Anne Murray White... those boys are the luckiest kids around!

    ReplyDelete