I have been trying to go to the gym lately-although it's a workout in itself just to get the kids up, fed, dressed, and changed. It's really been a struggle because Luke especially has had a hard time going to the little childcare area at the gym while I exercise. So I got to the gym today-and realized Jake had a dirty diaper, I had no diapers with me. I cleaned him up the best I could in the restroom and went out hoping to borrow a diaper from the childcare center. At this point I realized Luke also had a dirty diaper. I went to the childcare center and they didn't have any diapers so after all that work I didn't get to exercise and had to take the kids back home. This is pretty typical of the daily occurrences that happen as a mother of twins.
I have been taking the boys to Costco since they were babies. Mostly because it's a way to get out of the house and they have double seating grocery carts. The boys love it! They usually get a treat when we leave and they love all the samples. They love to go into the cool room area where the vegetables are because you get blasted with cool air when you walk in-they always want me to walk in and out several times. I can document the boys development by what they can do at Costco. They can now sit at the little booths and eat lunch with me-before I didn't dare take them out of the cart. I used to give them sips of one Costco Smoothie. Now they each have their own and they drink the whole thing. It is very important that they get "their own" of anything. They don't like to share. Thank goodness for Costco!
Life in general: We went to the dentist last Friday. The boys did surprisingly well. They love to brush their teeth and never want us to help unless it's using Daddy's electric toothbrush. They love to eat toothpaste and I am frequently confiscating tubes of it. They are saying "I do it" when I get them dressed. They like to put their shirts on by themselves but still usually need help. But if I help them they will scream and want their shirt taken off-"I do it!, I do it" They have crib tents and they like to zip those up themselves as well. They haven't seemed to interested in books for a little while but have started to again in the past few weeks. Luke puts books in his bed and looks at them and this morning Jake when I went to get them, Jake was sitting up reading a book. They love to get in the Fridge themselves and look at what they want to eat. They love also to be lifted up to the cupboard to look in and see what they want. They love milk and they both pronounce it mick. "More Mick" Some days taking care of them is just hard and I wonder if I'm the right person for this job, but I wouldn't change it. I love you Jake! I love you, Luke
Jeff has been working now for about three months as a geophysicist, he is much happier and it's great to see him enjoying his job. Life is good, we're very blessed despite our challenges
No comments:
Post a Comment